- vanessa's make-up how to video
- mandy's skincare routine and reviews
- liz's post about lush love (i want to try some of this stuff!)
i have combination/oily skin (yuck) and didn't really have much control over it before. and i thought since i had oily skin, that i had no need for moisturizers...and that my skin was only "clean" when it was completely stripped and almost dried out. ha. well, that's not true. i recently blogged about the "oil cleansing method" and i've been doing that for a little over a month now. for the most part it's been a good thing, and my face has evened out a bit. AND i discovered that moisturizer is my friend :) i can't go without it now.
i "wash" with the oil mixture at night and usually moisturize. in the morning, i lightly wash my face with baby wash, since it's super gentle, and before getting out of the shower, i splash my face with cold water to close up the pores. every other day i use a gentle toner and twice a week i wash with st. ives green tea scrub. before applying make-up i moisturize with olay complete for combination skin. this routine has been working pretty good. i still have the occasional break outs, and i haven't really determined if it's from switching up my routine or just stress :/ but overall my face has cleared up and is a lot less oily during the day :)
- Bare Minerals - i use the mineral veil, foundation, and concealer
- E.l.f. blush & bronzer - great buy at $3!
- Clinique Touch Base for Eyes - great primer for eyeshadow, i've never had "creases" using this stuff
- L'Oreal H.I.P. Eye Shadow in Forgiven - love this combination
- Almay Eyeliner in brown - stays on all day and barely smudges
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto in Very Black
- Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stain in Forbidden - stays on all night and looks great!
do you have any skincare or make-up recommendations/links? and what works for you? :)