7 questions #11


my bestest friends in the whole wide world. and mr. wicket, who licked my ear right before this photo was taken. haha.

1. are you a thrift shopper?
sadly, no. i've been to goodwill and the flea market on occasion, but i would love to thrift regularly.

2. you just had a very bad dream, what do you do?
lol, i feel like this has happened a few times recently. i usually jump awake, and then it takes me a few minutes to realize that whatever i was dreaming didn't actually happen. then i'll have a drink of water and try to fall back asleep.

3. what is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
rocky road!

4. what do you do with your money? (spend it, save it, invest it, bury it, etc)
i get a small part of my check taken out pre-tax for investment. then once i get that paycheck, i pay all the bills that need to get paid, buy groceries/lunches, pay off some of my credit card bill, and then i save whatever i can. sometimes i like to go on little shopping sprees, but i try not to make it a regular thing.

5. what was the last quote or statement you heard that really hit you?
i've always felt really moved by martin luther king jr.'s quotes. my favorite is:
"darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." i also really like: "i have decided to stick with love. hate is too great a burden to bear."

6. what do you do when you drive alone? (ex: dance, sing, listen to talk radio, etc)
i usually just listen to music, unless "somebody that i used to know" by gotye or "someone like you" by adele comes on... then i belt that out! haha!

7. did you watch the premier of the bachelorette?
no, i don't watch much reality tv anymore.

link up dudes & dudettes!


7 comments:

  1. Oooh I LOVE that Goyte song! (Except I can't seem to nail all the words even though I listen to it all the time and read the lyrics...lol) & those are really great MLK quotes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is a great song... i can't believe it took me so long to download it! and MLK said some great stuff about loving each other, i actually want to frame the first quote :)

      Delete
  2. I love those two quotes and I'm printing them for my office because I really believe that too. People are too mean and judgemental.

    I'm the same with those two songs also. I like to pretend that I sound good singing them because when the radio is on really loud, you can't tell that I don't sound good at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've actually have been working on a faux letterpress print of the first quote, i need to print it soon! i wish the mean & judgmental folks would get inspired by those quotes too.

      and i'm totally the same way on singing those songs! i love doing that on the highway, b/c there is no chance anyone around me will hear it, they'll only see it for a second ;)

      Delete
  3. Awesome quotes! And I need to learn from your financial savvy ways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, i have to give credit to my dad on that one, he is very financially savvy! and luckily my job offers a pretty decent 401K program, so i actually don't have to do too much on that end :)

      Delete
  4. Love that quote - it's one of my favorites. That dude knew what was up for sure!!

    ReplyDelete