for this month's birchbox, i had the option to choose from a teen vogue beauty picks box or the regular march birchbox. i chose the teen vogue option, and this is what was inside:
1. essie luxeffects nail polish in "set in stones (silver)" - i've recently started using glitter nail polish on my ring fingers to add a little something to my normal manicure, so this color is something i will actually use... just sparingly.
2. annick goutal petite cherie perfume - from the website description, "a dominant top note of fresh, ripe pears gives way to a chorus of ripe peach, rich vanilla, and green grass. beneath it all, a base note of musky rose lingers for hours." ha, quite the description! it does smell good though, i like the mix of fruity smells.
3. peter thomas roth max anti-shine mattifying gel - i used this today, replacing the smashbox photo finish primer i usually use, and it applied similarly & felt great. it didn't do much for my oily t-zone, but most "mattifying" gels don't do much for me. i liked it though :)
4. tarte lipsurgence lip tint in "peaceful" - i was excited to see this full sized product (or at least i'm assuming it's the full size), but out of all the colors offered, peaceful is probably my least favorite. it's a really light peach color, and i usually prefer pinks and reds. i tried it over my darker lip stain this morning, and it worked pretty well at hydrating my lips... didn't last that long though. it would be great to use for a nude lip, or in a low maintence summer make-up routine.
5. twistband hair ties - i am currently wearing this under my sock bun (gotta love that sock bun!), and it does the job of the 2-3 thin rubberbands that i usually use. so it's a good deal.
this month's box was an improvement over last month's box, so i'm happy :) anybody signed up for birchbox also? what did you receive this month?