st. patty's weekend

hello hello! i hope everyone had a safe and happy st. patrick's day/weekend! here's how we celebrated:

stout fest 2013 at goose island (clybourn location). chester managed to get our tickets before the event sold out in mere minutes. i'm so glad that he did b/c this event was amazing! i've mentioned that i've been getting into different stouts before (here on the blog), and it was really great to taste these new-to-me flavors on tap. here is what i tried:


my favorites were definitely the bourbon county stouts, specifically the blackberry & the apple brandy. i also really enjoyed london fog and d-day. heck, i loved them all! 

are any of you on untappd? trust me, the last thing i need is to be on another social networking app, but chester got me on this one and it's pretty cool. that's where the screen grabs above came from.

i downloaded the dbl cam app last week and tried it out on saturday. it takes a photo from the rear facing camera first, then immediately after it takes a photo from the front facing camera. it's a cool idea, and some of the shots i've seen by other users are pretty cool.

after stout fest and a much needed nap, we headed out to the beer market in vernon hills for my best friend dana's 30th birthday. it ended up being the perfect bar for her party since it wasn't crowded and the people there weren't totally drunk/obnoxious like in most bars this weekend. i picked up this disposable camera at UO and we had fun trying it out. 





we ripped off the cardboard packaging on the camera so each shot would be a surprise. and most of the text lined up awesomely with the photos :)

hope you all had a great weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh how awesome!! I love how you added text to the images! These are all too perfect!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wish i could take credit for that, but the text was printed on the film. it's such a cool idea :)

      Delete
  2. Yes, I love untappd! I will totally try to find and add you. :)
    I've always wanted to pick up one of those disposable cameras at UO and now I think I might have to try one out! Your pictures look really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! please add me! @stephkelly
      even though the disposable cameras are pretty overpriced at UO, they are pretty awesome! thank goodness the walgreens near me still develops film :)

      Delete