oh hey there!





my mom recently sent me this photo of my grandparents (my dad's parents) standing behind their bar at my dad's childhood home. i love this photo so much! it doesn't have anything to do with the rest of this post, but i wanted to share it here. it's awesome to see that they took their beer as seriously as we do :)

so, that was quite the blogging break, huh? i wanted to stop by and let you all know that i am still alive and well :) blogging has definitely taken a backseat these past several weeks, between moving/settling in to the new place, decorating, and a new workout schedule... so i apologize for that. to be honest, i have found time to post here and there the past couple weeks, but then laziness takes over. yikes...

i'm so happy to be settled into our condo. we are finishing up decorating the main rooms, and it's really coming together nicely. i never really felt comfortable inviting people over to my old apartment b/c it was always a disaster, and i have been longing to have people over to a place that i truly love. we haven't had a proper housewarming yet, but i'm sure it will happen very soon.

this is the first time that i have moved in with a significant other, actually chester's first time as well, and it's been wonderful. we still have/make time to do our own things, but it's so nice to see him on a daily basis, and not have to "plan" when to hang out. i'm happy to report that the transition went/is going smoothly :)

i thought it might be easier to format the rest of this post like my other currently posts, so here's what i've been up to currently:



reading: a half priced books recently opened up near my work, and it has been the best thing ever! the store is huge, and they have a great selection of new releases out. i picked up "reconstructing amelia", and i really like it so far. i also need to start "the fault in our stars" soon too!

watching: i got totally immersed in true detective this winter. damn! that show is so good! i was really impressed with the season overall, and i did really like the ending. i think i'm going to rewatch it again with chester. i also finished season 2 of house of cards. holy crap that show is amazing! the second season definitely had me covering my mouth in disbelief of what just happened. it. is. so. good. game of thrones comes back soon! thank goodness, b/c i'm running out of good shows to watch. scandal is back, which is good news, and in the meantime i've been catching up on damages via netflix.

loving: the grand budapest hotel!!! chester and i went to see it last night and i loved every minute of it. it was more suspenseful and a tad darker than pervious wes anderson movies (in my opinion), but it's easily one of my new favorites. if you'e a fan of his films, please check it out!

looking forward to: stout fest 2014 at goose island this saturday. last year's stout fest was our first year, and we had a lot of fun. this year my sister and her bf are joining us, so it'll be a good time.
aaaand we secured tickets to dark lord day at 3 floyds in april! i cannot wait to go back this year. hopefully the weather warms up a bit by then. this winter has been just awful!

thinking about: so i'm quickly approaching my 30th, yes MY 30th, birthday in the middle of may. i'm not as freaked out as i thought i'd be, haha. usually i am all about doing something big for my birthday, and oddly enough, this is the first year where i haven't put much thought into it. i just want to hang out at a chill bar with good friends. something low key for sure. so we'll see what i come up with.

hope you all have a great weekend!



1 comment:

  1. Half Priced Books is my JAM!! Ahhh I can go crazy in there. I also loved The Grand Budapest. I smiled the whole time!

    ReplyDelete